Welcome to the Trailerhood!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's Really Happening!

It hit me today as Steve and I were trying to plan what weekend we will be able to pick up the truck, trailer/camper, and our moving trailer, this is really going to happen! I mean we are talking about just a couple of weeks now. The truck should be done next week and the trailer is supposed to be ready just in time for Steve's birthday (which is not far at all).

We are trying our best to plan around his schedule for work, and also give ourselves enough time to pick up each item. We will only need one day for picking up the truck. However, both trailers will take quite a bit more time. When we pick up the camper/trailer we will be driving around 600 miles to get it. So the trip there will take around 10 hrs, that's one whole day driving. We will do the paperwork, let them show us how everything works, hook it up and probably find a place to stay over night that is not too far away, just in case we have any issues. Then the dreaded 10 hr drive home, that will be considerably slower because we will be pulling a heavy trailer. And last, our moving trailer. We will drive all the way to Buffalo Gap, to pick it up, spend some family time there, then head to Ponder and drop off a few items, and have more family time, then drive back to TN and figure out what the heck to do with two giant trailers, neither of which fit in our driveway.

So today I am supposed to be calling places where we could store our camper until we are ready to live in it full time. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten anyone to answer yet, and they don't have direct emails so I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for someone to call me back.
I am so excited just trying to think of where we want to go first....do we want to just wait until there is space on base and set up there? Do we want to try out the state park near here that we haven't seen yet? Do we want to venture into Arkansas where we already know it's beautiful? What to do, where to go? So many choices and I'm just too excited to choose!

I'm so happy that it's all happening. I think this will be a wonderful experience and I'm looking forward to all the different places will be able to show the kids. There is something so special about camping together, and traveling together as a family. I loved it growing up and I think they will too.

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment