Welcome to the Trailerhood!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

CH-53 ride




So, last weekend I got the opportunity to take a ride on a CH-53. I had no idea that we were going to a crash site to pay respect to 11 lost service members from two separate CH-53 crashes in 2003 and 2006. It was quite an experience and I am glad I got to go along for the ride.

I must give credit where credit is due...I took all of the photos here except the one above. Mine were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S phone which is great for taking photos in Djibouti and paying $3/min in cell service...which means it's good for taking pictures. Anyways, the photo above was taken by U.S. Air Force Senior Airman Lael Huss. I think they would be fine with sharing it and I'll take it down if you want. But, I had to have it on here because I'm one of the three people in the background to the left scrambling to get out of the sand blasting area.

See photos with captions here...

Here is a humbling view of part of Djibouti City as we were returning. It irritates me when I hear/read people complaining about us and the French being here and not improving the area. I think those people could spend a little time here and see the difference that is being made. Anyways, that's a debate for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment