Welcome to the Trailerhood!

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Catching up.....continued

Ok, I'm going to start today where I left off yesterday. I had thought about putting up some more pictures from our travels, and I really really wanted to post some of all my friends that allowed us to come into their homes and stay with them as we traveled from Mississippi to Virginia. Sadly I realized that most of those pictures were on my phone that Zetta drowned in the dog water a couple of months ago. If I am ever able to salvage the pictures from their watery tomb then I will edit the post and add them.

We are so incredibly lucky to have friends that would welcome us in on a moments notice...even after years of not seeing one another, even though they had busy schedules of their own. We will always always be thankful for their open doors to me, my children, and even my dog....we love you all: Adam and Minina, Deborah and Jacob, Danielle and Nic (even though I missed Nic while he was on a sweet vacation to Africa ;) ), and Tiffany and Matt.

Ok, back to the pictures.

November 2014

Well, it turns out that there were lots of pictures on my phone...including all of November. Basically all that happened that month was soccer and Thanksgiving. I'll have to see if my inlaws have any photos they can send me of my very first, practically all on my own, Thanksgiving meal.

December 2014

Mostly soccer days










A sweet tea party with sweet friends!


There were also a few park days in there.


January 2015

I don't have a lot of photos from this month, but these are the highlight of the month anyways.



Pure joy :D


A big thank you to Meredith for snapping these candid shots of our homecoming :)


February 2015

 We celebrated Steven's birthday a little late. Despite some hiccups in our plans for awesome light sabers for everyone and some other party favors, I think all the young jedi had fun.




And, of course, I had to add a picture of the baby just being the baby!


During this month we also started packing up to move from Mississippi to Texas. It was such a hectic and stressful time there is really not much that I can remember from this month....which is why I wish that I had kept up with our blog better. Well, that or not had my phone broken...either way would have worked I guess.

March 2015

We loved this coach, this team, the parents, the girls...it was a one in a million find and was one of the few reasons I would go back to Gulfport voluntarily. I cannot tell you how much we will miss this.


This tree is the bane of my existence and I am only including it so that I can look back and remember exactly why I don't ever ever EVER want a sweet gum tree anywhere near me.


Last few days in the house...



Our move involved multiple trips to Texas and rather than driving it all in one day, we decided that we could camp one night and continue on the next day. We also picked up a new puppy just before moving out...and it was his and Zetta's first camping trip! You've never seen two creatures that love to dig in the dirt and eat sticks more than those two right there.


Lots of trips to grandparent's and the chance to play with their cousins




More camping on the way back. Although it was a bit more trouble than finding a hotel that allows two dogs, or any dogs for that matter, it was worth the extra effort for moments like these.





April 2015

Moved into an RV again. We spent the time we had left in Mississippi on base in our new RV. It was actually a really nice park, but they didn't really approve of kids walking around anywhere by themselves...which is ridiculous since I could see them from the RV, but whatever. 


The Easter bunny clearly received his change of address card in the mail. I'm not sure how true this is, but I heard that the Easter bunny overslept on this particular Easter and almost forgot to leave the eggs....can you believe that?! It's just hearsay though, we'll never know for sure ;)




Check out that morning hair. She was content with her one egg and a chocolate bar.

I'm going to have to end it here for now. I'll finish up the rest soon. I'm hoping this weekend I will charge my old broken phone and it will magically work, or that we'll be able to save some of the pictures off of it. 

Hope you all have a safe and happy Labor day weekend!

-Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment