Welcome to the Trailerhood!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back from the trip, details to come later

What a great trip! After over 2,500 miles of trailer towing, WalMart camping, friends, family, and bird killing; I find myself even more excited that my house has wheels. I also asked myself why I didn't think to move into a trailer earlier. As I remember it, I had the idea and it was immediately shot down along with my idea of living on a boat. I'm not going to point any fingers. You'll just have to guess who is always the idea killer.

We should have posted updates as we moved around, but Katie was lazy.

We started out heading down to Pensacola, Fl. I managed to turn 465 miles into about 510 miles thinking it would be faster than driving into Mobile on a tiny road. Well, that's a lesson learned that I won't make again. I think this was the most painful of all the driving segments and not just because I got a salad when I asked for a sandwich :)

After a lot of rain and a little sun, we headed to Texas. We split the trip up and camped out at WalMart for our first time. What a great time! We burned fuel at less than 1gph, which was surprising to me. It made me even more hopeful to get to spend a few years in Key West. We made it to our destination in Texas and spent a few days there.

After that, we headed back towards TN and stopped for a few days in AR at Greer's Ferry Lake. This was the first time we stayed on the lake and it was great.

Overall, we were on the road for 19 days, covered over 3,000 miles, shot some dove, caught a few fish and had a lot of great times with family, some old friends, and our dogs. I can't wait for the next trip!

We'll get more details of each location posted up soon. There are some pictures already up on our fb site for those interested. And for those who do not have a fb site, you need to get one!

- Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment