Welcome to the Trailerhood!

Monday, December 14, 2015

2011 Ford F450 Engine Surging Follow-up

I wanted to follow up with my Ford Super Duty engine surging. I was fortunate enough (sarcasm for those that do not know me) to have my truck at the dealership for over 30 days. Ford Motor Company regional customer service provided regular updates (weekly or more) for the first few weeks. After that, silence. Nothing from Arrow Ford of Abilene, no response from the customer service rep assigned to my case by Ford Motor Company. No response at all, not to multiple emails, not to phone calls and now not to my most recent letter.

After two weeks of silence, I finally received a call from Arrow Ford that they performed some tests, including 'wiggle tests' (which is a legitimate test) and it was no longer showing symptoms of the issue. That was the extent of the closure I received from Ford Motor Company aside from a phone survey to see how satisfied I was with my customer service experience (not very good I will say).

So, I had my truck picked up by family since I was out of the area as I cannot sit still for a month because my vehicle is not working and Ford factory trained technicians cannot figure it out. I was hopeful and made room in my schedule to go pick it up a couple weeks later. And not surprisingly, it was not fixed.

I wrote Ford a letter and asked that they respond within 15 days. It has been 21 now and silence (which is what Katie thought would happen). I'm done with this truck and simply want Ford to stand by their product and guarantee private party, good condition on a trade since they have not been able to identify the issue after two months of time and I cannot in good conscience sell a truck with an engine surging because of the safety hazards.

I'm hoping Ford will come around, but the clock is ticking towards seeking alternative actions available to protect consumers that I have been hoping to avoid.

I expect that I will provide frequent updates, in the mean time, here's what my truck likes to do when it's running, including when parking and stopped (imagine someone stepping on the gas when you are on the brake, that's what it is like). I have lots of videos since this issue started, but Ford dealerships seem to have trouble experiencing the issue that I have every time I drive this thing.



#fordprobs

5 comments:

  1. I suspect you will need to do something more to get there attention than a letter. Good luck. And I know your issue can be fixed if they want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, you are correct that it will take more than a letter. I have sent two and am sending a final notice today.

      Delete
  2. go read my reply on powerstroke.org. I had this exact issue. I fixed it and has been good for month. Easy fix, or at-least try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply, but I am beyond attempting and crossing fingers. The vehicle will be replaced.

      Delete
    2. Timothy how did you fix this issue. I have the exact problem

      Delete