Welcome to the Trailerhood!

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Update on Ford Issues

__________.

That is about all I have heard. I sent a final notification to Ford Motor Company to provide them a final opportunity to come to a mutually beneficial agreement and put this issue behind us. I hope this will come to a conclusion soon, but have my doubts based on the customer service (or lack thereof) received thus far.

The letter was sent multiple methods to ensure Ford Motor Company had as many opportunities to receive it and take action...

First, It was emailed to my regional customer service representative assigned to the case that Ford apparently closed without following up to see if the issue was resolved. I have yet to receive response from her or from anyone at Ford Motor Company since September 21st despite numerous voicemails, emails, and letters.

Second, I sent it to the Ford Service Facebook administrator(s) which I had to drag a response out of them. Then, they would not actually acknowledge receipt like I requested, but rather purposefully attempted to avoid a direct response. Even the final response was an attempt to avoid my question to, "Please acknowledge that you forwarded the previously attached letter as you indicated you provide assistance via social media platforms." The ridiculous response provided was on their FB page and was stated, "Thank you for reaching out. I see Mariel has been in touch, and I see your newest message in our inbox." And, that was after several hours of requesting to respond (their page states they typically respond within an hour). They are quick to respond to posts on their pages though. I can empathize with their social media reps having been on that end myself and having to figure out what to do. But, acknowledging receipt of a letter is pretty easy.

Third, it was mailed, which was received today.

And no, I will not discuss the specifics of my requests at this time other than that I am seeking to replace the vehicle and do not believe that I should take a hit in value because of a defect that occurred under warranty that Ford has not been able to correct. I do not find my requests to be unreasonable and truly feel like I am being quite generous based on the number of family camping trips that have been cancelled and that my children were not able to get to museums, libraries, etc. for all the time we were down to one vehicle. But, I'm not a person, I am just a number, # 7666439.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment